Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Week 5, Days 1 & 2

Update - My exhaustion test netted me 39 push ups. An increase of 9 over my previous best and putting me in the second grouping as represented here.

Day 1 (28, 35, 25, 22, > 35 [60 sec rests]) went well, though on the last set I took a 30 second break between 20 and the last 15 in the set.

Day 2 (18, 18, 20, 20, 14, 14, 16 >40 [45 sec rest]) has been, perhaps, the most challenging and tiring of the entire challenge. My arms are achy and TIRED. I pushed the last rest period t0 60, but remember, the chart says "or longer if required," so I feel I'm well within my rights. Maybe more importantly, I did all 40. Two short rests to catch my breath, but I'm guessing not more than 3 or 4 breathes, so about 5 seconds.

Day 3 occurs Friday and pretty closely resembles Day 2 until the last couple sets, where its 17, 20, > 45. Then its a progress/exhaustion test. After that it will probably be Week 5 Group 3 for me. You need to do 46 to get into the final week, and I'm just not sure I see it.

The great news is that after last week's post about possibly getting weaker, its obvious I'm not. A 39 on the exhaution/progress test, and 40 today after all those other push ups is something I COULD NOT HAVE DONE, before.

No comments:

Post a Comment