I started a new workout yesterday - all body weight, no actual weights. Its one I found at a site I LOVE, Men's Health - and for the ladies, Women's Health.
Anyway, here it is, the Body Weight 200. 200 reps using only your body weight. All you need is your body (weight) and a swiss ball. A place you can pull ups/chin ups. I don't have the later, so I've substituted swiss ball push ups instead. Not a great swap, but doable, I think. Also, my basement work out area doesn't have the clearance for me to do the jumps, so I've been doing woodchoppers with an 8 pound weight instead.
The entire 10 exercise, 12 set, 200 rep program should take 20 or so minutes. I'm timing my second run through the program to see. If its accurate, that's 60 minutes of exercise a week. Certainly not "over doing it," but a nice amount. Its a good mix of muscle building and cardio, too.
I'm a bit worried that it doesn't have enough focus on the "mirror muscles" in my upper body, not that I have a great ones anyway, but we'll see. Looking at the workout I was doing, I was getting about 300 reps, so this new one isn't a huge drop off. Day 1 was challenge. I don't hurt this morning, and I'm not sore, but I could tell after the workout that I was getting some work in. Also, I couldn't/didn't want to do 30 of the split lunges - I did 20 with a goal to work up to 30.
I figure this more balanced work out might be a better compliment to push up challenge. It seemed like I was maybe getting a little weak in the challenge because of all the upper body work.
No comments:
Post a Comment