Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ok - much needed update

First off, Congrats to the Eagles for beating hte Vikings. Hard to believe its been since that game that I've posted. This week its the hated Giants. God I hate the Giants. Go EAGLES!

100 push up challenge...

I failed this week pretty much in Day 1, so I've known all week that I would be restarting Week 4 next week. Having said that, I also failed Day 2, though I did all the push ups (albeit with an extra set).

Day 3 I also failed, though again I did all the push ups (again, wiht an extra set).

I'm working in different and unique push ups into my afternoon work outs to try to strengthen "other" areas that are used in push ups, like the back, to try to gain some strength. I'm using push ups I found at men's health.

The biggest news is that I feel stronger. Day 3 saw me do 160 push ups in 12 minutes (in sets of 29, 33, 29, 29, 25, 15). Now, 30 was my previous high, so hitting so close to 30 so many times has me psyched and I really do feel like I'm stronger and can do more pushups now. I think once you complete Week 4 you do a test, so I can't wait to see how many I do.

The other thing that makes me think I'm making gains, Day 1 is 21, 25, 21, 21 >32. That seems easy as I sit here typing it. Heck, Day 2's 25, 29, 25, 25 >36 seems easy until that very last set right now. I'll probably post again on Sunday. By that time I'll have done my push ups and watched the Eagles hopefully gain entrance into the NFC Championship!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment