I've had a head cold/allergies/something for two or three days now. Didn't work out Wednesday; didn't write since Sunday.
Not to be too overly dramatic, but April, as slate.com notes, it ain't a good month:
This month is the
-16th Anni of Waco (76 dead)
-14 Anni of Oklahoma City (168 dead)
-10th Anni of Columbine (13 dead)
-2nd Anni of Virginia Tech (32)
Plus smaller copycats in Taber, Canada (1), Santee, Calif. (2), Red Lake Chippewa, Minn. (10) and Montreal, Quebec. (1).
And don't forget this year alone:
-13 at Bingham N.Y. April 3,
-3 officers in Pittsburgh April 4
-plus a father's murder of 5 children that same day.
-Two more in Charlotte over Easter.
Never mind Titanic (April 14) & Hitler's b-day (April 20; though the upside: his death is April 30).
I'm feeling better today. More rested after taking some Zertec prior to bed last night. Maybe rest was all I needed.
I'm blame it all on Spring. First there is the allergy connection. Add in cabin fever. Nice weather and people are getting out and about after months of captivity and depression. Some relish the sun, some let their cabin fever depression turn into hostility and BOOM. Not that it explains the Titanic or anything. I'm just saying.
*http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/greenday/wakemeupwhenseptemberends.html
I blame the rain. At least here. We are teased with spring and then we get so much rain that it's impossible to do anything (except be muddy) and it makes the cabin fever all the more crazy.
ReplyDelete