I bite my nails. Its a nervous habit. Sometimes its pretty incessent. I worked on it nine years ago, got to the point where I had eight nails on my 10 fingers (poor thumbs), and have since relapsed.
Being charitable, I can say I have somewhere between 3 to 5 "nails" on an average day.
That ends today. Hopefully for the better. Its worse on Mondays. I know this. That's when I head back to work. My weekly deadline begins in earnest that day. Maybe our shift to more daily publication will help. Either way, its something I'm working on starting ... now ... and I'm hoping posting and having a somewhat public pronouncement might help.
While I'm on the self-improvement topic I might as well add this: I've paused the push-up challenge. My Belly Off challenge, while not time consuming, is too much I think. The program has me doing 70-90 pushups, so I'm getting a decent amount in. Not all at once mind you, but interspersed with other bodyweight exercises over 10 or 15 minutes.
Plus, its nice to change it up.
Anyway, I did push ups today to see how many I could do consecutively. And I got to 50. 50! That's a 66 percent improvement from the 30 I could do before I started with the whole pushup/body weight workouts. For my age, to pass the military Basic Combat Training you have to do 26 in two minutes (a score of 50). Here's the chart. Active Duty requires 36 in 2 minutes (a score of 60). I did 50 in 1:30ish (a score of 74!). Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with my progress.
I'm happy with my writing progress, blog posting, fitness levels. Its been a pretty good week.
I hope you're not planning to join the Army. Duke would be very sad.
ReplyDeleteI'll try to help you as much as I can with the nail biting.
BTW, we need to plan something for May. Because we're awesome like that!
Side note: No matter the other teas I try, I find myself almost always coming back to Golden Monkey. I wish I could drink more tea (I don't want to screw with my heart) so I could work through the ones I have more quickly. So much tea, so little time.
Yeah, you mentioned a May get together Sunday; definitely possible. We have a Wii now, so maybe we'll get mario kart and some controllers. You me and Renee racing should be a blast.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the help re: the nails. I'm not sure how much you can help, between Renee and mom, I've had plenty of people keep reminding me not to do it, but sometimes its overwhelming.
Not sure I've ever had Golden Monkey. I use Sencha as a regular, but I wouldn't say I find myself "coming back" to it. Its just a nice, and nicely priced, every day tea. I usually use whatever I have, as you know. I have more teas I, well, not exactly avoid, but don't favor. Earl Grey has been in my cabinet for a while. The Puh Ehr has too.
Oh, and I wanted to say... I don't understand why they don't have more decaf versions of the "regular" teas. They always fruit them up.
ReplyDeleteYeah, probably don't want to screw with your heart too much if you can avoid it. And if you liked a green, you'd get half the caffeine, and could therefore do twice the tea. Also, Hojicha is lower in caffeine, though again, its a green, and its got a mesquite flavor that's probably not for everyone.