Sunday, April 19, 2009

Success is completing something

I saw a piece on TV before I went to bed last night. It was a movie channel thing, not sure which one, though I could turn the TV on and probably find out. Anyway, this guy's kid was talking about his film-maker father and the movie "The World's Greatest Sinner."

I was going to bed and in that "half listening" state, so I'm going to slaughter this, but he said something along the lines of "success is completing something." I think, I think, he said it because his dad's movie, while not a commercial success, got done. He had to write it, direct it, and star in it himself - it was totally an Indie production. But it got done. He couldn't get noticed in Hollywood, and so he did his own thing. That's the success. The finishing.

That's my standard for writing my book. "Success is completing something."

No comments:

Post a Comment