Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Thumbs, all thumbs

Here's a pic of my thumb Tuesday in its bulky bandage and "sling" - 40 hours after the stitches and probably 42 hours after the cutting.

This bandage is off now and I'm running solely on neosporin and bandaids for protection. I was actually feeling really, really well about my thumb after the gauze came off. Actually thought I might be doing push ups soon. Then I made the mistake of putting a little weight on the heel of my hand. Boy did that produce a deep fiery burn.

The left side of my thumb, just beside the nail, feels tingly to the touch now. I'm hoping its a result of my overreaching earlier, or the general fact that I had a knife through the meat just below it recently, and not something serious.

If I get adventurous, maybe I'll post a pic of the stitches and the entrance and exit wounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment