Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Its the last day of March

I have 15 posts; that's less than half of the 31 days in March, so here is post 16, to go over the half-way point. Yeah me!

I wrote. Sunday night & Monday night. 500ish words each time. Off of my goal of 1,000, but maybe more reasonable and less intimidating. I'm writing a relatively emotionally charged part. Guy goes to see girlfriend he hasn't seen or talked to since his wrongful arrest on drug gang charges. Did I mention she's from an uber-conservative Indian family; that he hasn't been introduced to yet?

I LOVE this part of the story, in a grey, nebulous kind of way. I say that because while I feel like this is a good, emotional point, that a LOT of the rest of the book to this point is leading to this moment, and its is kind of a catalyst for the last quarter, its a tough challenge to write. Talk about awkward. You are dating a girl, get arrested as a drug gang leader and get the city's drug problems pinned on your family, don't talk to the girl after your out on bail, and then WHAMMO, show up one very early morning at her door, with the knowledge in her head as the only lead left in your quest to clear your family's name.

Tough to write, tough to make realistic emotionally. And perhaps toughest: Tough to sell how she will finally break down and join the hero after such an abuse without going too deus ex machina on the whole scene. I'm just starting to get into the meat of the meet, so the next day or two of writing should be interesting stuff.

I'm slammed at work. Still working out on the Men's Health Belly Off Challenge, which I highly recommend, but am just to damn lazy and busy to link to, so you'll have to find it yourself if you are interested.

1 comment: