gamercircle.net raises the question here.
My answer: Well, pretty broke, actually.
Its funny, probably almost exclusively to me, since my parents still HAVE dial up. Not for lack of wanting, but for actual lack of any alternative.
The article notes that sub-$10 subscriptions to dial up have increased in the wake of the stock market melt down and appropriately concludes "This recession has just gotten serious."
I agree. I often try to wrap my brain around what I would do with a dial up connection, and remember back to the days when that's all I had. I really can't do it. I'd say the XBox Live account, most of my TV service and my landline phone would all go first, second and third. Then I'd consider other things I could cut out, like cutting back on exercise to use, and thus need, less calories and forgoing eating altogether.
OTHER: Push up update coming this afternoon, that is if I don't kill myself shoveling snow.
I live pretty minimalistically as is (ignoring the laptop I just purchased). If I had to go back to landline..I think I'd just move home and save on rent...
ReplyDeleteYeah, but ignoring all the non-minimalistic items makes everyone a minimalist, doesn't it?
ReplyDelete