Friday, May 29, 2009

*Sigh* Its like walking in quicksand

Not too long ago, I was pretty optimistic about meeting my deadline for my book.

But it seems every time I sit down now I write something slightly different that what I have in mind. I have Event X in my head, but I always seem to write about Event Y leading up to it. Yes, next time I sit down, I inevitably get to Event X, but that means I have twice as much to write as I thought. So my 3 writes a week are really only 1.5.

To make matters worse, this week I added onto and finessed something I had already written. That's progress, but the wrong kind at the wrong time.

Also writing related: I'm curious if anyone knows if an author as ever "rewritten" the Bible into present times? Sorta Dom DeLillo's Libra meets the Bible. But I'm not talking about keeping the names or locations, just using the basic stories as a framework for a new, updated, present day story. It wouldn't even recognizable as the Bible, except in a "hey, these stories are similiar" sorta way. Oh, and probably just the new stuff, not the creation stuff, and oh, probably without the miracles, or at least the overt, magical miracles. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magical miracles anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if anyone has ever done it for the entire Bible, but I'm sure people have done certain stories into their own. It's too common a book to not have that done.

    In a similar vein, I found Job: A Comedy of Justice by Robert Heinlein to be a new twist on the story of Job.

    I'm going to not really comment on the writing thing.

    ReplyDelete