Monday, May 4, 2009

The power of roots

I guess it turns out ...

... you can do strikes in blogger.

... and you can do half powers, too. A number to a half power is actually the equivilent of the square root of the number. For instance, 25 to the half power would be 5.

So in my little hypothetical, 2 to the power of 4.5 would, I guess, be (2 x 2 x 2 x 2) x 4 (root of the resulting 16) = 64. Not the answer I was looking to arrive at, but it works. *

Or I guess it could be (2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 1.41421 35623 73095 04880 16887 24209 69807 85696 71875 37694 80731 76679 73799.... = 22.627. *

* Disclaimer - I'm not a math genuis, or really even a math... above normal? Not even a math slightly above average. I'm pretty much a math adequate. Therefore, I disclaim any liability or contention that the above numbers, formulas, theories or ideas are presented logically, accurately, intelligently or coherently. They could be spot on. They could be off by a factor of 1,000. I have no real idea. I have presented them to the best of my abilities, that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment