I haven't posted a ton lately until this double. I'll blame that slide on the following:
My self imposed deadline for the rough, editing draft of my novel is on deck. I've been writing quite a bit, upping my average. That's the good news.
I've mentioned it before, but as I write I find that what I had hoped I would finish in one lap is taking (Mixed metaphor warning!) two, sometimes three swings to complete. That means I had more writing to do than anticipated. Damn it.
*spits sunflower seed shell*
How much more, you ask? Well, I'm behind in the count, let's put it that way. How far is a difficult call, since sometimes 1 = 1, and sometimes 1 = 3. So, let's see, week and a half to go ... carry the 1, divide the number into itself, multiply by 1.23, combine OB% and SLG, and ... I'm somewhere between "every-day player" and "can't hit above the Mendoza line."
Have no fear (OK, have fear, but have faith, too) - I'm writing, writing a lot. Writing hard. Writing focused. I'm no longer taking pitches anymore; I'm defending the plate and taking swings, even if its just to foul off balls and keep my at bat alive.
Whew! Thank goodness I have an editor and a deadline, because I plan on writing every night if I have too to get this finished. If it weren't for that, I'd probably put off my self-imposed deadline until later, get away for a while, come back unhappy with my work, take more time off, and suddenly, I have ANOTHER unfinished suck of a novel. At least this way the suck will be finished.
(Semi) PERMANENT DISCLAIMER: Tobacco and cigarettes are now regulated by the FDA (Food & Drug Admin). The legislation allowing this expressly prohibits the companies from advertising, in any way, that they are infact regulated by the FDA.
I have a problem with the whole "we will regulate you, but you can't tell any one we are" thing, so I'll be posting this disclaimer with every post (when/if I remember) to make a point.
Editor B says: I think you forgot to calculate weather into your work equation. I'm pretty sure that alters TS (time spent).
ReplyDeleteWeather smeather. When I write its generally too dark to matter.
ReplyDelete