But I have a very good excuse.
You see, I spent my Wednesday hiking through Valley Forge National Park slicing, dicing and chopping through non-native species of plants and vegegation in honor of Earth Day. We get two volunteer days per year, and this was the first of mine. It was a pretty good time. I'm pretty sore today, however.
The coolest thing was julienning the grape vines. They varied in size from walking stick size to the size of moderate-sized tree stumps. But the cool part was that when you cut them, they leaked. And not the thick, gooey sap you might associate with trees. This was clear, quick-flowing liquid. Some of them were like a shower head with the supply turned to on ever so slightly.
We were told that as a survival method, if you are ever lost in the woods (and apparently have a saw) you can drink the liquid. I didn't. Drinking something for survival and for the mere sake of drinking it are two differen things, in my mind.
Anyway, that was my Wednesday. And my other good Earth Day deed. As an added bonus, I direct you to the The Four Things You Should Be Focusing On This Earth Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment