Friday, January 1, 2010

Better Bryan X

For the last 2 or 3 years, I've tried to better myself not so much through New Year resolutions, but by creating better versions of myself. Working more on making myself a better person, rather than just nebulous goals like "lose weight" or "work out more." Though those types of goals are certainly part of it. But part of it is setting definable goals, sorta like a good work evaluation.

In the past, its just been Better Bryan '07, Better Bryan '08, etc, etc. This year its 2010, obviously, and I thought Better Bryan X had a nice ring to it. So I'm shooting for 10 things this year.

1: Donate or volunteer more often than in 2009
2. Be lessy petty/condesending
3. Cut out the sighing at R.
4. Keep the house more clean, more often
5. More focus at work
6. Spend 15 minutes/week in meditation/silent
7. Talk less/listen more
8. Stop singing so many bastardized songs, especially to the dog
9. DLCAMSM (Not for publication goal)
10. ERA goal (Not for publication goal)

3 comments:

  1. 6. Spend 15 minutes/week in meditation/silent If you can keep this one up, good on you. I used to meditate all the time, and now I can't seem to motivate myself to do it, even though I enjoy it.

    7. Talk less/listen more Hehe...No snide comments. I'm a listener by birth, so I don't mind you talking with me, since you listen when I talk (unlike some people)

    8. Stop singing so many bastardized songs, especially to the dog poor duke

    9. DLCAMSM (Not for publication goal) I worry that the last two letters are S&M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update:

    6. Keep it up? I can't even get started. I'm 0 for 1 on this one
    7. Uh, I guess so. Hard to tell. I have so much to say.
    8. Luckily I put the amount at "so many." We'll say its a success so far.
    9. Due to II (Idiot Intereference) the lettering is wrong - the actual lettering should be DLCAMMSM. The last two words are So Mad, so don't worry.

    ReplyDelete