Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dear Adagio

Dear Adagio,

It's not you, its me.  Honestly.

You've always been there for me when I needed  you.  Quick to come to my aid when I called.  You were my first love and introduced me to so many new things.  You've been a warm cuppa on a cold day, and a nice relaxing way to ease into a work afternoon. 

But I've changed and you haven't.  When we first met, everything was new and exciting.  But over the years, as I've tasted your wares, I've come accustomed to them.  They are fine, to be sure, but they are no longer new and exciting.  I'm sure they are perfect for someone else, but for me, I think I need more.  Sure, sure, I know you've added some nice new gourmet things, but those aren't my interests, and I don't feel comfortable shelling out that kind of money for something new when so many things are new.  It's not that one of us is wrong, its just that we aren't meant for each other.

In other words, my eye has began to wander.  Your products are great, but I've started to notice new and enticing aspects that others can offer me.  I just don't feel I can be committed to you in the way I have in the past, and that isn't fair to either of us.

I may call you up in a moment of need, or when I'm longing for the sweet comfort that familiarity provides, or when I've made some horribly stupid mistake that I need to correct with old reliable.  And this isn't necassarily goodbye forever; someday maybe we can get back together, someday when we have both gone out in the world and come to realize that we are perfect for each other.  Until then ...

I'll always remember you.

Bryan


No comments:

Post a Comment