Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Quick updates

I wrote last night for the first time in a while in anticipation of having to have my work completed by month's end. Not much. But it was a start. And I think I got over the block that was preventing me from going forward. We'll see.

Also, I'm thinking of ginning up either a Week of Double Daily Quotes. I would post one that I like and one that I don't or that is challenging and leave them for discussion. Or maybe I'd do this as like Quotation Monday or something.

I'm also kinda considering taking quotes from Rand and Jefferson and working up a dinner conversation between the three of us exploring various issues, where they stand on them, where I stand on them, and where, perhaps, you stand on them. Kinda my tribute homage to them. Plus, I thought it would make a neat (if tedious and labor intensive) project. I'd have to find the damn things, sort them, then make the entire thing light (as light as Rand gets, in any case) airy (ditto), fun and readable.

Also, I'd have to mediate and resolve the fist fight I keep envisioning as the result.

You call it derivitive parroting of others' works; go ahead and say I'm standing on the shoulders of giants. I call it an adult and creative exploration of my beliefs and heroes.

So neener neener.

2 comments:

  1. This is your plate.

    This is you piling more stuff on it.

    Any questions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd rather have a plate filled to overflowing with Thanksgiving delicacies that I can choose from than one meagerly spotted with brussell sprouts.

    You know what I'm saying?

    ReplyDelete